Re: any idea what this is all about

sorry rich
this was happening after xp was installed and a unallocated area was
left on the drive for linux to use
the drive was broken up as follows:
16mb for bootdrive: fat32
120gb for winxp: ntfs
37gb empty for linux
i boot from cd, everything goes well until the screen to partition the
drive;
if i select remove all linux partitions, or
keep all partitions and use freespace,
then the error comes up
if i select delete all partitions
i can go through and  load fc3 fine no problems at all
this machine had dual xp and fc2 on it but we were force to do a total
reload from an xp virus which made xp unbootable
both xp and fc3 will load singlely but that error comes up when i try to
set up dual boot
i have changed drives and the exact error comes on the new drive as well
at the same time in the load sequence
they are sata drives, 160gb
thanks for any thoughts on the matter
david