How to use yum in fc3 to install downloaded update packages ?

In fc1 I used to download all the update rpm packages, and burnt them
into a cd ( so I could use them to up date the other fc1 installations
to avoid unnecessary long download again),  when I proceed up dating,
copy all of them into a fold named "rpms_update" in my hard drive, then
mount this folder, do the followings;

1.  Make a new yum config file named "yum-local.conf" :
[main]
cachedir=/var/cache/yum
debuglevel=2
logfile=/var/log/yum.log
pkgpolicy=newest
distroverpkg=fedora-release
tolerant=1
exactarch=1

[/mnt/rpms_update]
name=/mnt/rpms_update
baseurl=file:///mnt/rpms_update/

2. Make header for downloaded rpm packages :    yum-arch   -v   -q
/mnt/rpms_update
3. Finally proceed the updating ;  yum  -c  /etc/yum-local.conf   -y
update.

This way has been working fine until  I installed the fc3. I used the
same way above to install the downloaded rpm packages ,  step 1, 2 seems
working o.k.( At least I didn't get any error message), but in step 3
when  I enter the yum  -c  /etc/yum-local.conf   -y  update, the
following displayed;
   *               *
THIS PROGRAM IS DEPRECATED!
yum should be generating xml metadata instead. Please see
http://linux.duke.edu/metadata
And I did go to that url and look through the whole content, all I
understood is the yum has been changed and detailed usage of this new
yum  is not available there.
I did google and found some info for configur, enable/disable ,to
install  package etc., and I can use them without problem,
but I  can't find info could enable me to do the update for downloaded
rpm packages.
I need help in  fc3 to use yum for updating the downloaded rpm packages
in local hard drive. TIA