Re: FC3 install on Adaptec 2410SA

At 09:32 AM 12/11/2004, you wrote:
One month prior to FC3 being released I installed FC2 on a system with an Adaptec 2410SA Serial ATA RAID controller and a four drive array. As I recall, it installed easily without a driver disk. When FC3 came out I did a fresh install on the same system, and it installed easily and ran well.

Last week I bought another system with the same controller, but with a different motherboard. I needed to move the working array to the new system, where the boot would begin and then crash with a message about sleeping in the wrong context or something like that. I decided to install cleanly.

To make a long story short I now have two systems, one with an Asus K8N-E and one with an Asus A8V motherboard, both with freshly initialized 4 drive arrays, and I can't install AMD64 FC3 to either one of them. In each case the install proceeds to the partitioning stage.
It appears that the moment FC3 attempts to partition the array the controller card's alarm sounds and FC3 reports that it could not read the disk. On reboot, both controllers report the array status as being optimal., and all format/initialize/array creation operations have gone just fine.
<<<snip>>>
Frank.

Hello,
I'm running an Adaptec 2410SA controller on a Via EPIA-M mini-itx board, with FC3. Everything runs very perfectly on the original kernel. When I upgraded to the latest kernel, it began locking up on me every two days. I thought it was cpuspeed, because disabling that temporarily fixed the problem, but eventually I had to go back to the original kernel from the FC3 install.
Unfortunately, I can't give you any advice with either of the motherboards you are using, but I do know that the 2410SA is stable and working on FC3 with the kernel and hardware I am using now.

regards,
Randy