Re: Problem creating FC3 CD's

On 12/10/2004 11:31:28 PM, Lin Tse Hsu wrote:

Note that although speed 4 was commanded, speed 48 was actually used to do the write. I think that this is a problem, since my CD-R blanks are only rated to 40x. I also tried speed=2. Same problem, and finished in the same amount of time that speed=4 gave. Is it possible that cdrecord reads the speed but does not accept it? This makes things hard, since the writing is unreliable and many of the CDROMS generated with cdrecord fail linux mediacheck.

try speed=8

I never tried 4 but I noticed that on my burner -

speed=8 works
speed=12 and cdrecord uses 8
speed=16 works
speed=20 and cdrecord uses 16
speed=24 works

Seems that at least for me, cdrecord only likes multiples of 8.

Also - try burning with -pad and -dao

cdrecord -dev=/dev/hdd -speed=8 -pad -dao -v FC3-whatever.iso

CD's I burn that way pass media check on some systems that fail if I don't use -pad and -dao

-=-
Interestingly, burning DVD's for me only works at 4x even though my burner and media support 8x. (IE specify 8x and it burns at 4x)