Re: FC1 > FC3

Jim Higson wrote:
On Friday 10 Dec 2004 15:52, Don Dupy wrote:

Has anyone done an upgrade from FC1 > FC3 ?
I am wanting to upgrade, but I an afraid with FC2 in the middle
that might not be a good idea.
Would I be better off backing up everything and doing a fresh install?

Always backup everything before doing an upgrade.

I had difficulties going from RH9 to FC3 via an upgrade, and I never sorted out exactly what was behind the problem--the machine would lock up occaisionally and I think it had to do with X. I don't know if FC1->FC3 would suffer the same issues, but I would be cautious.
--gvc