Re: laptop touchpad causing browser 'Back'??

Stephen Walton wrote:
On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 11:04 -0800, Hardy Merrill wrote:

Sometimes when I'm browsing in
Firefox, when I move my finger on the touchpad, it
causes the browser to go back one or more screens.

Anyone know if this could be a problem with
 * FC3?
 * touchpad?
 * Firefox?

I have the same problem with my Compaq laptop and finally turned off the
touchpad altogether and got a cordless USB mouse for serious browsing.
I think this is a feature of Firefox which it is possible to
accidentally access by touching the scroll portion of the touchpad, but
I admit I haven't investigated further.

i have mozilla and never knew of this till now. i always use a mouse. i've noticed that it goes back or forward when i move the finger on very bottom part of the pad left or right. is not only back and is only on the lower side.

[To forestall the obvious question: My Compaq has an actual hardware on/off switch for the touchpad.]

--

sly
(561)601-4303