Re: OT: Preventing image saving with Apache

On Sat, 2004-12-11 at 19:23, Alexander Dalloz wrote:
> Am Sa, den 11.12.2004 schrieb Brian Wright um 20:09:
>
> > I've just seen a site (http://www.mossgreen.net) where if you right
> > click on an image an attempt to save it, a 403 error is generated.  But,
> > clicing on a hyperlink will bring up an image.
>
> Hm, this site has "adult material" :(

Really? All I saw were pictures of fat people :-/

> > How would I configure Apache to do this?
>
> Without looking at it in detail: certainly done using JavaScript.

Actually, no. That was my first thought too -- that the anchor elements
have an href attribute pointing to a non-existent file and an onclick
attribute with some Javascript to open the actual image, but there is no
Javascript on the pages at all. The HTML is very, very simple, so it is
definitely something on the server, and the server is Apache running on
Linux:

$ lynx -dump -head http://www.mossgreen.net/
HTTP/1.1 200 OK