Re: Firewall issues with setting up vsftp server

On Sat, Dec 11, 2004 at 10:17:30AM -0600, Terry Linhardt wrote:
> I am attempting to set up an ftp server on an internal network. (All
> hosts are 192.168.1.*)  I am using vsftp, but stumbling over an iptables
> related issue.  Also, this is Fedora Core 3.
> I am guessing that I am getting blocked by a closed port.  I've done
> some research, and generally understand the concept, but don't
> understand how to get past what appears to be a closed port issue
> without opening up a large range of ports. While that may not be
> distasteful on my private network, it is not desirable if I eventually
> make this machine available to the outside world.

Whats the content of your iptables script, (Sanitize any important info
please)

What is the shape/configuration of your Network?

Where is the delivery target in relation to your server?

--
Linux/Open Source:  Your infrastructure belongs to you, free, forever.
Idealism:  "Realism applied over a longer time period"