Re: Configure grub

Giovanni Alzetta wrote:
Hello. I'll install fedora 3 on a computer of one my friend. He have mandrake and windows, how I can configure grub to boot or fedora or mandrake or windows?
Or can I just make a boot on a floppy for fedora?
Bye bye

Use the advanced options selection during the Fedora installation and install Fedora grub into whatever partition is you boot partition for Fedora. Then after you install Fedora in /dev/hdb1 (for example), you will need to add a stanza into the Mandrake grub file to chainload the newly created Fedora installation. The parameters for the stanza should be similar to the information entered for the mswindows installation. (chainloader +1). The only real difference should be changing the information to reflect your Fedora boot partition. The Fedora grub installation should take over after selecting the chainloaded grub selection from the Mandrake boot loader.

Jim