Re: FC3 DVD install Grub problems

pankaj wrote:
Folks,
I've been having issues doing a clean install of FC3 on various
machines.

I've tried the install on two machines:
1) a Dell Dimension XPS 1.8MHz, 512MB RAM, 1 IDE 80GB + 1 IDE 250GB
drives and an nVidia GeForce 3 card. 2) IBM Thinkpad 600E 300MHz PII, 192MB RAM, 1 10GB drive

The install goes fine until the time to install GRUB.  It's at this
point that the install doesn't automatically reboot so I do a soft
reboot.  Upon booting, the GRUB boot menu doesn't come up.

I had a problem like this on my desktop machine. When I switched over to one of the virtual consoles, I noticed that the grub-install process had frozen. I had to kill it, chroot to the drive i was installing to and 'grub-install /dev/hda' in order to get it to work.

begin:vcard
fn:Grant Limberg
n:Limberg;Grant
email;internet:glimberg@xxxxxxxxx