Re: fedora-list Digest, Vol 10, Issue 183

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 16:40 -0800, Kshitij Velhal wrote:
> Yahoo messenger is not always on. Also not all the programs run at once.

Are you running yahoo messenger(the windows application)  or gaim (the
linux application that uses the yahoo protocol (among others)) ?

> I don't think its due to a particular application. I tried running
> firefox, GNUCash, Terminal, Yahoo Messenger, gqview etc individually
> different combintaion. The effect is almost same.
> Openoffice, I guess will take more time on windows either. so not
> considered. Only conclusion is more the applications (>2-3) worst the
> performance.
>
> Will upgrade to FC3 make any difference?

The performance degradation will be directly related to resources
available and contention for them.

If you are limited on memory, swap space, cpu speed, etc. the
performance may suffer as you have more applications running that need
those resources.