Re: Can I keep users from receiving mail from the Internet? -- SOLVED!

Alexander Dalloz wrote:
Am Mi, den 08.12.2004 schrieb Charlie Brune um 22:07:

Here's what I want:
-- I have a user called "fred".
-- I WANT fred to be able to receive mail from local users.
-- I DON'T want fred to be able to receive any mail via the internet.
-- I want to stop the mail to fred at the MTA (in my case, that's
   sendmail).  i.e., I don't just want to filter it out after it
   arrives.  Ideally, fred will appear to be an "invalid user" to
   anyone on the Internet attempting to send him email.
The solution is:

http://www.sendmail.org/~ca/email/protected.html

Alexander

Thanks, Alexander!   The information in the link above works perfectly.  Now "root" (or anyone else of my choosing) can no longer be mailed to from the outside.  Mailing to them from within the system continues to work perfectly.

:-)
Charlie