Re: Installation problems on centrino laptop

Cody Y wrote:

Satish Balay wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Cody Y wrote:

Satish Balay wrote:

On Fri, 10 Dec 2004, Cody Y wrote:

Some more information; I just tried again, with acpi=off, and
it's hanging on "gnome-panel-2.8.1-3.i386".

Is this test - done by the cd burning software?

The test was done by the fedora core dvd after I booted it.

Well - then I don't know why it would hang attempting to install
'gnome-panel'.  When it hangs - you could go to one of the
virtual-terminals - and see there there are any errors. (Alt-Ctrl-F4
etc..)

Satish

I'll try that right now. It seems to be a kernel hang though, as the mouse stops responding.
-Cody

Okay,
I took out gnome support, and every gnome program that I found that it was installing, and I've managed to get past the installation. I'll just have to install gnome later.

-Cody