Re: Postgre SQL TCP/IP access FC2?

Scot L. Harris wrote:

On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 15:53, Eric Scott wrote:

Scot L. Harris wrote:

Anyway, how do I enable TCP/IP connection in PostGreSQL? All the howto's I found didn't seem to apply to my Fedora 2 system, as /etc/postgresql.conf doesn't exist (Yes, PostGreSQL IS installed and activated, or at least Webmin thinks so.)

You need to change the options in the /var/lib/pgsql/data/pg_hba.conf
and /var/lib/pgsql/data/postgresql.conf files.

You will need to restart postgresql after making the changes to permit
tcp/ip connections to your database.

Thanx! That did it. Now I can proudly say that I accessed a SQL database with code written in C# on Linux.
Cheerio,
ES

Glad that worked for you. If you are working with postgresql a lot you might want to look at pgadmin3. It is a nice tool that lets you manipulate your tables and settings very easily.

Sounds good, though at the moment the postgresql webmin module is fitting my needs, but I'll look into that pgadmin3 thingy.
ES