problem w/FC3 default installation rhgb

We customize Fedora with an interactive script that runs upon first booting up a new installation of FC3. Unfortunately the default installation of using rhgb doesn't work well with this.

The script begins running in the graphic window during the boot process, but within 30 seconds switches over to a detail console window. The user running the interactive script can switch back to the graphic window with a Alt-F8 and continue interacting with the script, but I would like to find a way to avoid this problem altogether. Things would work OK if I could configure a new installation to not automatically default to using rhgb in grub when it boots up the very first time. Anyone know I could do this?

Thanks for the help.

Mike