Re: Making Abiword the default?

On Thu, 2004-12-09 at 16:25 -0600, Terry R. Grier wrote:
> How do I make Abiword my default so that when I double click on a doc in
> the browser file ... it opens in abiword instead of OO ?
>
> Thanks.

	That depends on which Fedora you use!  Well actually they're still
fairly similar.  In FC3, right click an icon (er you are using gnome
right?) select properties. Open the Open with TAB and select Abiword (if
in the list) or click the add button to add Abiword to the list.

	In FC2, IIRC you needed to right click and use the open with menu item
then there was a button to make an application default,  Or you could do
the whole thing via a mime types preferences item.

	It's been a while since I messed around with KDE so I'll let someone
else tell you about that.

Scott