Re: Fedora and Music

Andrew Choens wrote:

Can someone send me some websites on getting mp3s and ACC files to work on linux?
I still have a windows boot on my other computer.
cause I use itunes and have an ipod.

I am having a hard time getting musicbox to play mp3s .... I thought I installed/pluginned... gstreamer
but it crashes.. each time I try play an mp3.

How did you install the rpms? Did you use apt? Here's what I would do. download apt-get from freshrpms. Use this address.

http://heidelberg.freshrpms.net/rpm.html?id=19

Download the RPM, not the src.rpm.  Install.  Go to your favorite
commandline.  Change to root, or use sudo...I don't know how you're
configured, and issue the command.

apt-get update

Then, once that completes,

apt-get install synaptic

This will install synaptic on your computer and give you access to sites
like Dag's.  I don't think these guys get enough thanks, so here's a
thnks.  THANKS

Anywho, once you've got Synaptic installed, I would search for gstreamer
and reinstall everything you've got and see if you're missing anything.
The important one you need is called

gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio

La Paz
--andy

When I try to install the gstreamer plug in. I tpye 'apt-get install gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio' and I get this .
[root@localhost tgrier]# apt-get install gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
 gsm libmusepack
 gsm gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio libmusepack
0 upgraded, 3 newly installed, 0 removed and 5 not upgraded.
Need to get 127kB of archives.
After unpacking 280kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] Abort.
[root@localhost tgrier]#

and I do not get to type in.. the 'y' ...
What am I doing wrong?