Re: Lost all network connectivity after clean FC3 install

Hi Jay:

If I have now only eth0 active the internet connection
works.  However, if I activate eth1 (LAN NIC) it does
not anymore.

The settings for eth1 are:

IP: 10.0.0.1
Mask: 255.0.0.0
Gateway: 10.0.0.50

The only other PC on the LAN has IP 10.0.0.50

With FC1 it all worked perfectly. Neither did I have
to worry about entering a gateway for eth0. I wonder
what is wrong.

Thanks for your help.

Enrico
 --- Jay Scherrer <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> Enrico,
>
> Nope thats the fix.
> And if you got the net working :-)
>
> Happy Holidays,
> Jay
>
> On Tuesday 07 December 2004 05:34 pm, you wrote:
> > An update:
> >
> > For some reason DHCP in FC3, unlike FC1, is not
> able
> > to assign a correct gateway to eth0.
> >
> > I booted up in Knoppix which also has no problem
> > configure eth0 with DHCP.  Poking around in /etc
> of
> > Knoppix I found out which gateway was given to
> eth0.
> >
> > Rebooted in FC3 and added
> "GATEWAY=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
> > (of course the correct numbers) to
> > /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
> >
> > This is most likely a hack and not a fix.  But at
> > least now I can connect to the internet.
> >
> > Any suggestions for a real fix?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Enrico
> >
> > -- Enrico Indiogine <sindiogine@xxxxxxxx> ha
> scritto:
> > > Hi Jay!
> > >
> > > 1. My cable modem is not a router.  It is
> connnected
> > > to eth0.  It is a model that is supposed to work
> > > with
> > > only 1 PC as far as I can tell.
> > >
> > > 2. I have no idea on how to log into my cable
> modem.
> > >
> > > With FC1 I had absolutely no problems.  I just
> had
> > > configured eth0 to use DHCP.
> > >
> > > 3. I will try to set the eth0 gateway to
> 68.187.12.0
> > > and see what happens.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help.

> > > cable

> router
> > >
> > > also

> from

> > > "netstat

> LAN
> > >
> > > )

> inactivate
> > >
> > > the

> by

> ping

> /etc/resolv.conf
> > >
> > > it

> cable

> time.

> > > modem

> do I

> pointing?
> all by

> divertente:

> > > Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente:
> > > Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica?
> Scaricalo
> > > ora!
> > > http://it.messenger.yahoo.it

=== message truncated ===