Re: proxy connection forbiden

Am Mi, den 08.12.2004 schrieb Zack um 17:13:

> > Can you explain what prelinking has to do with the proxy + automatic
> > mirror selection has to do?
> Sincerely I don't know...but it makes things work!

That would wonder me for this case very hardly. I really doubt it much.

> > > I had the same problem on my FC3 and I've read this tutorial, may it can
> > > help you:
> > > http://fedoranews.org/contributors/stanton_finley/fc3_note/
> >
> > How is this related? To which part of the contributed article do you
> > refer?
> >
> If you get an error message regarding eggcups after you have installed
> the up2date updates and rebooted, or if you see strange things happening
> with your Gnome desktop follow the steps for "Yum" below, then open the
> terminal and type:

Yes, the eggcups issue is known to be prelinking caused. And you are
right that because of this there is a prelink update rpm available.
But the error Oleg gets says something different. up2date wants to get
header.info where none is. Seems the redirecting of the automatic mirror
selection does not work for his proxy situation.

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:33:37 up 2 days, 18:55, load average: 0.11, 0.40, 0.41