Re: public blacklists

David Cary Hart wrote:

On Wed, 2004-12-08 at 11:56 -0500, Scot L. Harris wrote:

However to keep from having to process all those spam messages you
should also implement greylisting. That alone will reduce spam by over
90% and you won't have to process all those spam messages. milter-greylist is a very good implementation that I have used with
sendmail. Easy to install and has been trouble free.

We did a paid study on the issue. The bottom line is that greylisting is
great for reducing spam but may be HORRIBLE in a business environment.

How So? In My Not-So-Humble Opinion (R) spam takes up employees time in having to download and read it. We have several employees on the road, some using dialup in remote locations. Having to wait on 20 spams to download to get to 1 good email is unacceptable.

--
Michael Jezierski, BOFH - IT Department
Systec Conveyors - Indianapolis, IN