Re: Azureus startup failure (java/modules?)

On Wed, 8 Dec 2004 06:40:05 -0500, Scott Fones <boson245@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm not sure this is the best place to post this-I've already posted
> on justlinux and on the apps sourceforge forum.  I've been working on
> this since last Thurs or Fri, so this is one of those last chance type
> posts.  Anyway, I've been trying to get Azureus working and always get
> the same basic errors.
>
> [boson245@localhost azureus]$ ./azureus
> Starting Azureus...
> /home/boson245/Downloads/Internet/Java/jdk1.5.0/jre/bin/java -Xms16m
> -Xmx128m -cp "/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus/Azureus2.jar:/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus/swt.jar:/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus/swt-mozilla.jar:/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus/swt-pi.jar"
> -Djava.library.path="/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus"
> -Dazureus.install.path="/home/boson245/Downloads/Applications/Azureus/azureus"
> org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main ''
> StartSocket: passing startup args to already-running Azureus java process.
> DEBUG::Wed Dec 08 06:24:29 EST 2004
>  java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:333)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:195)
>        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:182)
>        at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:364)
>        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:507)
>        at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:457)
>        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:365)
>        at java.net.Socket.<init>(Socket.java:178)
>        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.StartSocket.<init>(StartSocket.java:44)
>        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.<init>(Main.java:75)
>        at org.gudy.azureus2.ui.swt.Main.main(Main.java:115)
> Azureus TERMINATED.
>
> I was given these commands to clear and flush iptables, but to no avail.
>
> iptables -t nat -F
> iptables -t filter -F
> iptables -t filter -P INPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -t filter -P OUTPUT ACCEPT
> iptables -t filter -P FORWARD ACCEPT
>
> I've tried linking it to jdk 1.5, jre 1.5 and jre1.4, but always get
> the same output.  ./azureus is a script that checks for a valid java
> install and then calls a jar file.  I've let it find java on its own
> (jre1.4 rpm), and explicitly told it where to find java's bin folder.
> It never exits saying that java is broken, so I'm having trouble
> isolating the issue.  Whats more, I did a fresh install of FC3 over
> the weekend and had it working...twice!  Then I updated and whatnot,
> and now I'm back where I started.  I can also get the program to run
> on two windows boxes on the network.  So I'm wondering if there's a
> module or service that is enabled/disabled that would cause this?

I had similar problem a long time ago, I believe there is a setup file
in .Azureus or /Azureus directory which has path to java jre.  You
have to change that path because FC installs java in a weird place.
Sorry I don't remember where the file is or what it's called of the
top of my head (as I don't have Azureus at work ;)

Hope that helps a bit

Alex