FC3: the first out of three ethernet-devices is not configured correctly after reboot -- maybe udev?

Hi Guys,

I have a problem on my server. It has three ethernet devices (WLAN,
internet via DSL, local lan) with three different network cards:

$ grep eth /etc/modprobe.conf
alias eth2 ne2k-pci
alias eth1 e100
alias eth0 pcnet32

The eth0 Card is not configured correctly after reboot. The module is
loaded, but the eth0 device is not accessible:

$ /sbin/ifconfig eth0
eth0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

eth1 and eth2 work fine. During investigating I found that in neat on
the hardware-page lists the network card twice -- once with the device
name dev29384. ifconfig works also with that name:

$ /sbin/ifconfig dev29384
dev29384  Protokoll:Ethernet  Hardware Adresse 00:A0:D2:18:40:16
          BROADCAST MULTICAST  MTU:1500  Metric:1
          Kollisionen:0 Sendewarteschlangenlänge:1000
          RX bytes:0 (0.0 b)  TX bytes:0 (0.0 b)
          Interrupt:11 Basisadresse:0x4800

After removing the pcnet32 module and reloading it everything works as
expected. I tried to reconfigure the whole network config, did not help.
It evens seems that it always happens with the eth0 device regardless
with ethernet device it is.

Has anyone had something similar? Or is it a special problem that only
happens for me? Anyone a suggestion howto debug this?

Thanks.

Cu
thl

--