Re: /dev is empty after I chroot to /mnt/sysimage in rescue mode

Paul Tomblin wrote:

On Wed,  8 Dec 2004 12:12:05 +0100, Hervé Pagès <herve.pages@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I booted in rescue mode (using FC3 CD1), did a
"chroot /mnt/sysimage", and ended up with a
/dev containing only the null device.
I've done that several times with FC1 and never
had this problem. Maybe a udev related issue?

Before you chroot, do a mount --bind /dev /mnt/sysimage/dev

Thank you Paul!
I was not aware that mount had this nice --bind feature. Good to know!

Now I don't know why, but the mount command available in the rescue
mode (/usr/bin/mount) doesn't recognize the --bind option (neither the
-h, -V or -l options). So I had to use my installed mount command instead:
 /mnt/sysimage/bin/mount /dev /mnt/sysimage/dev
and this one got the job done.
After having a closer look, I realized that /usr/bin/mount is in fact a link
to buzybox but could not figure what's this all about...