Software Update in firefox provided by FC3

I found that the "Software Update" in firefox preferences was disabled
by FC3.  The reason may be, IMO,  that they want users to update
firefox by FC3 rpm repository.  But another function, extension
update, was also disabled.  It is very inconvenient for me to check
every extension for update.

Anyone has the same problem?

Shi-ming Chen