RE: How can I change screwed up Root Password-FC3 on Dell Laptop

> Hi all
>
> How can I access Fedora to   change my
> screwed up Root Password-FC3
> on a Dell Laptop [  it has a floppy but No cdrom]
>
> I must have typed in the same erroneous password twice.. go figure?
>
> Many thanks in advance
>
> Johnny

How did you arrange to install FC3 without a CD-ROM drive?

Knowing this might help.  As far as I know, you need a CD-ROM to install,
and you need one for the rescue image (because the kernel is too big for a
floppy.

If I recall, you can add the option 'single' (quotes aren't included) to the
boot options in Grub to bring the system up in single-user mode.  Then
you're root, and can change your password.

Erik