Questions on FC3 64bit install...

I am waiting for my AMD64 laptop to arrive and in the meantime have downloaded and burned the FC3 x86_64 dvd ISO. It booted up fine, but I couldn't run the media check on my 32bit system, so now I'll have to wait for the laptop to arrive.

I have some questions on the whole 64bit world though. In the installation process, are there any major differences from the 32 bit version I should be aware of before hand? How good is Fedora at auto-detecting the touchpad mouse?

I have read that some applications, such as web browsers are not very convenient in 64bit because some plugins (like Flash player) are 32 bit and therefore not compatible. I have also read that some 64bit distros install 32 bit browsers & other apps for reasons like this. How do I tell (or change) which apps are installed as 64bit and which are 32bit?

Also, when using package mangers like yum, how would I go about setting up my repos? Would it be as simple as having a yum.32.conf and a yum.64.conf? Do 64 and 32 bit packages have separate dependency trees, or could a 64 bit program use a 32 bit dependent if there isnt a 64 bit version available?

Any links to informative reading, so that I may pass the time while I wait anxiously...