Re: Lost all network connectivity after clean FC3 install

Hi Jay!

Your observation makes sense.  If I do a "netstat -rn"
with both eth0 (-> cable modem) and eth1 (-> LAN )
activated, I see that the default gateway is 10.0.0.1.

When I run "ifdown eth1" which will inactivate the LAN
NIC and run "netstat -rn" again I get this:

destination: 68.187.12.0
gateway:     0.0.0.0
genmask:     255.255.252.0
flags:       U
MSS:         0
Window:      0
irtt:        0
Iface:       eth0

I can ping the inet address assigned to eth0 by DHCP
and can also ping 0.0.0.0.  However, when I ping the
ip address of one of the DNS servers (from
/etc/resolv.conf) I get:

Connect: Network is unreachable

Same with any other IP on the outside.

When I check the timestamp of /etc/resolv.conf it is
equal to the PCs startup time.  So, the cable modem is
able to (re)recreate /etc/resolv.conf each time.

What should the default gateway to my cable modem be
(0.0.0.0 seems not to be correct) and where do I
configure it?

Thanks!
Enrico

 --- Jay Scherrer <jay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> ha scritto:
> How about your GATEWAY were is it pointing?
> Sometimes I get a slow net or no net at all by
> mixing up my Gateway's
> between eth0 and eth1. Which ever eth is pointing to
> your DSL is the GATEWAY.

Nuovo Yahoo! Messenger: E' molto più divertente: Audibles, Avatar, Webcam, Giochi, Rubrica? Scaricalo ora!
http://it.messenger.yahoo.it