FC3 upgrade - can't logout!

I've just upgraded our development machine from FC2 -> FC3. Whilst everything seems to be up and running I've hit a problem that I can't logout from a gnome session.

We've had similar problems on this machine before (PowerEdge 2500), but before we used to get the logout box and then after selecting logout the screen would sometimes freeze for 30secs or so before returning you to the login prompt. Now I don't even get the logout box appear and the session carries on as it nothing had happened. The only way to get out is to kill X.

I've grepped the running processes for "logout" but get nothing back. Can anyone suggest how I can start to debug this?

Cheers

Simon.