Re: sound drivers

On Tuesday 07 December 2004 13:32, seth henderson wrote:
> I went to intel's website and found audio drivers for Red
> Hat 8 and 9.

Almost certainly not: those releases of RHL used 2.4 kernels, and and even if
you have the source code, building the drives for a 2.6 kernel's not a taks
for the average newcomer.

Possibly, someone else will have more/better info. In the meantime, if Intel
has some support mechanism in place, ask Intel for a 2.6 kernel driver. I'm
sure if enough people ask, it will happen.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield