Re: mq_open & msg_max

Tony Denault wrote:
> I have an application that uses poxis message queue. I've been modifying
> the kernel file ipc/mqueue.c so msg_max is 40 (default is 10).
> I still need it to be 40. Some Unix can modify these kinds of limit (like
> solaris's /etc/system files). Is there a way to do thing in linux/FC3?

At a quick glance, it looks as though if this could be set anywhere, it
would be by one of the files in /proc/sys/kernel. I don't know enough
about POSIX message queues to see if they could be used for your
purposes.

So if it's not there, you're probably reduced to hacking the source.

(Of course, this being the /proc filesystem, any changes won't last over
a boot: put something in /etc/rc.d/rc.local to re-apply changes after a
boot).

James.

--
E-mail address: james | "Reliability went through the floor, tunnelled its
@westexe.demon.co.uk  | way to the centre of the Earth, and perished in the