Re: modprobe.conf not loading

Am Mo, den 06.12.2004 schrieb Doug Coats um 17:11:

> I am having a problem with certain modules not loading at boot time and I
> believe it has to do with modprobe.conf not being run or with the
> information just being ignored.

> Doug

The /etc/modprobe.conf file is no script or something else which is
called during boot to be processed in any kind. It contains
configuration informations for modules. Which means, every time a module
is called to be loaded by modprobe the file is checked for specific
options for the module to be loaded. This way you can let the module
load with specific options set. Or by using the alias feature you can
load a specific module and call the load with it's alias name (like
eth0).

Alexander

Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 (Tettnang) on Athlon kernel 2.6.9-1.6_FC2smp
Serendipity 19:10:07 up 18:32, 17 users, 2.05, 1.33, 1.30