Re: KVM and mouse stability

On Sunday 05 December 2004 01:57 pm, Chris Hewitt wrote:

> If you look at the archives there are many posts on this topic. The root
> problem seems to be that the Belkin KVM does not do keep-alive so the
> mouse/keyboard is effectively detached from the computer unless it is
> the selected option on the KVM. Interestingly enough, I have found this
> with FC1 too, but not RH7.3 or 7.2.
>
> I have psmouse.proto=bare in the kernel line in grub.conf and I don't
> have any problem. Does this work in your case?

No, but I'm wondering what changed between RH9 and FC3 that it doesn't work
now...

Also, what is the *exact* option one uses? Finally, last time I tried to edit
my grub.conf, I ended up screwing things up so badly I couldn't boot off the
hdd and had to boot off floppy. Obviously that's not going to work this time.
I'd appreciate some help getting this fixed...

Thanks.