Re: 2 subjects

Nathan Low wrote:
I'm new to Linux.

Could you tell me the website to go in order to
install the media player, xine.  Does this media
player play dvds?

Please tell me step by step to install this software.

Please respond.  Thanks.

Nathan

<taken from a previous post on this list>

1. Configure yum with a repository that has xine, e.g. freshrpms:

rpm -Uvh http://ftp.freshrpms.net/pub/freshrpms/fedora/linux/3/freshrpms-release/freshrpms-release-1-1.fc.fr.noarch.rpm

2. Install xine:

yum install xine

<taken from a previous post on this list/>

Please get rid of that "Please respond" in your mails.
Please remember when people ask you to do so for reasons already given.
Please ?

Serge