Re: Ditching FC3... for now =(

On Friday 03 December 2004 00:31, Randy McDonald wrote:
> My only complaint is that I wish the
> default install had a sshd up and configured, kinda essential for
> remote administaration.

I said that on the list, and mdz or someone said "No." Several times.

My wife uses it, my daughter took one look and asked "Where do I get that?"
and I've installed it on a Dell with an i815 chipset and integrated graphics.

Don't get anything with an Intel i810 or i815 chipset; I have several (all
ombord graphics) and none of them works well at present with any Linux I've
tried. In particular, one has seen SuSE 9, Mandrake 10, Nahant, Mepis and all
have graphics problems, as does the Dell with Ubuntu.

I won't be using Ubuntu a my primary desktop OS because I want supported KDE,
but other than that it's as good as I've seen and a near match for OS X.

ps Daughter installed hers the other day. II took one support call whn she was
id disk partitioning. She was setting up dual boot on a two-disk Pentium II.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield