Re: Ditching FC3... for now =(

Lotsa Cabo wrote:
Tell us what you want to do, or as THEY say "Where do you want to go today?"
It may be in FC3 and you don't know where to look.

--> I guess, when I was asking for a recommended distro, I was meaning that
I would eventually be on FC3 and would like something as similarly as
possible.  My only reason for not using FC3 is the incompatibility with the
kernel and VMWare.  Once I'm up to speed on the apps, and Linux in general,
then I'll be ditching the VM, and whatever distro I'm using within the VM,
blowing away my drive, and installing FC3 permanently.

As for anything else, I'm a developer (.NET/C# moving to Java/J2SE/J2EE).
I'm a multimedia junkie (but mainly use my Mac for that since Linux won't
run ProTools).  I also work off of my laptop, so productivity (scheduling,
financial aspects, etc.) are primary... I can't be down or not be able to
communicate with the outside world.

So, wha'cha got?  ;-)

R/S
Ryan

Um, how bout FC2? I don't know if it has all the apps you want, but if it works well with VMWare it would be about as close to FC3 as you will get. Or try RHEL4 beta. It is based on FC3 so it may have the same kernel issues. HTH.

--
Justin Crabtree
Java Programmer