Re: What happened to gqview

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 01:49 +0800, HaJo Schatz wrote:
> GThumb has it, but it's not on by default (and not that easy to figure
> out intuitively). I agree that Gthumb gets close to gqview these days,
> but people have to spend the effort and configure it correctly.

Since I learned that gqview was gone by reading this thread, I went to
spend about 15 minutes with gthumb. In that time:

	1. Despite lots of experimentation and reading the help, I cannot make
it display like gqview with the folder list at top left, folder
thumbnails at bottom left, and the full-size image at the right.

	2. I miss the ability to run a slide show but move back and forth using
the keyboard; all I see is the timed delay option.

	3. The user interface is not that intuitive; when maximizing a picture,
it took me a few moments to see how to get back to seeing folders. Since
it's effectively switching views, that should be made clearer to the
user.

I'll get used to it, I guess, and I hope the functionality and usability
improve somewhat. But at this point, I do think gqview is better.

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>