KDE fail to start after reboot - FIXED

Hello,
I had the strangest problem after I applied the most recent batch of updates and rebooted. KDE would get stuck while starting, never giving me a usable desktop, and tell me to check if dcopserver was running.

I went through google and tried a number of solutions. It turned out to be related to the 'iceauth' program, not dcopserver. There were THREE files in my home directory, '.ICEauthority', '.ICEauthority_c' and 'ICEauthority_l'. Deleting the last two made it possible to start kde again. If anyone else runs into this after applying updates, I wanted to save them some time. :-)

Randy