Re: Dual boot installation with two disks

On Thursday 02 December 2004 19:39, A. Lanza wrote:
> The reason i've thought doing things this way is because i'd like to
> have one entire drive dedicated to Fedora, keeping XP in the other
> drive. I also would like to install some other distribution, maybe
> dedicating half of the disk space to Fedora and the other half to one
> another. Will i be able to do this?

You can do as you propose, that will work fine.

An alternative you could consider (if you don't need to transfer data between
the two) is install your disk drives in a disk caddy so they're removable.
Turn power off at power point (or back of the box if the ps has a switch)
before swapping though, I don't fancy swapping ATA drives with a live mobo
(though I have heard of someone who used to do i). SATA drives are supposed
to be hot-swappable.

I suggest this because I seem to fill my computers up: DVD  burner, CD drive,
two hard drives - whoops. I'm contemplating a CD burner and a DVD burner in
the same box,,,,

--

Cheers
John Summerfield