Re: NTP won't update

On Tue, 2004-11-30 at 13:16 -0600, Nathaniel Hall wrote:
> I have configured ntp on multiple Fedora Core 3 systems, but cannot get
> it to run correctly on two of them.  NTP was installed when the system
> was installed and I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the rpm with
> the same result.

Please post your ntp.conf.

> Has anybody had the same problem or have any ideas?

Are you using the "notrust" keyword? The meaning of it changed radically
from 4.1 to 4.2 (which IMHO is asinine... never redefine a keyword or
parameter which drastically changes functionality), so now in most
settings you should not use this keyword.

What do the logs show when the ntpd service is restarted?

Cheers,

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz <rpaiz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>