Re: dovecot mailserver, switching from mbox to maildir

Thomas Cameron wrote:

On Thu, 2004-12-02 at 08:48 +0100, Götz Reinicke wrote:

Hi,

after switching from wu-imap to dovecot I had a couple of problems. After accepting some of the problems as given, I found some hints, telling me to move my system from using mbox to maildir.

So how to do that?

What software has to be configured? Sendmail? Procmail?

How to migrate mboxes do maildir?

Any hints would be fine!

http://www.google.com/search?q=convert+mbox+maildir

this is a good one. Ok. I should have been more precise. :-) googling takes a long time to find and sort the information and the hints I got are from google.

So my question:

Has anybody switched a system from mbox to maildir? If so, whitch steps are necessary?

regards

götz reinicke
--
Götz Reinicke