Re: Evolution 2.0 "Just Doesn't Work"; will not send

> > > Problem:  Evolution refuses to send email; receives
> messages just fine.
> >
> > What happens when you click the "Send/Receive" button?

Mail can be received properly, but sending hangs.

> > How are you sending email? SMTP?

SMTP.

> > Try running:
> > CAMEL_VERBOSE_DEBUG=1 evolution
> >
> > and see if that outputs any extra diagnostics on what's going wrong.

I can try this, but it will take a while.  I took the steps of removing
Evolution, removing my user and all owned files, and recreating the whole
shebang.  No joy.  At the moment, Evolution isn't installed.

A separate post suggests that there's a bug with password handling.  I want
to try to follow up on that (thanks!).  But it will take me a while to get
to this.  I'll post again if I get anywhere.

Erik