Re: switch from Mandrake to FC3

----- Original Message -----
From: "Qian Tan" <tanqian@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 01, 2004 11:19 AM
Subject: switch from Mandrake to FC3

> Dear Fedora Users:
>
> I have tried to switch from Mandrake to Fedora Core III. The installation
runs smoothly. But when the system reboot, the Mandrake shown up first, then
it stuck since most stuff related to it has gone.

> I have tried 'remove all partition on this machine', 'remove all linux
partition on this machine'. And reinstalled FC3 at least three times.
'Mandrake' always shows up first.

If memory serves me Mandrake uses lilo as it's boot loader. I had a similar
issue with this when installing Fedora on another system with some other
distro of Linux, and what I had to do is format the mbr first. Then, install
Fedora.
Hth.