Re: FC3 -- KDE CDROM, xmodmap and pilot-xfer

I have checked for kscd or some other application that may be interfering with the CD under KDE, and initially there is nothing [obvious] running related to the CD. That is to say, lsof does not report anything, nor does ps auxwww.

Under these conditions, I can mount the CDROM from the command line. However, the CDROM fails to mount using the KDE desktop, whether through the desktop icon or through konqueror. After an attempt, ps auxwww returns the following:

[malk@bruhaha ~]$ ps auxwww | grep cd
malk 6270 1.4 2.7 30768 14308 ? S 22:20 0:00 kdeinit: kio_audiocd audiocd /tmp/ksocket-malk/klauncherVB2s5b.slave-socket /tmp/ksocket-malk/konquerorvnywGa.slave-socket

If I kill the process and run mount from the command line, once more the mount command succeeds. KDE never succeeds.

Regards,

Malcolm.