Re: FC3 Stability

On Wednesday 01 December 2004 15:09, Wong Kwok-hon wrote:
> On Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:36:56 +0800, John Summerfield
>
> <debian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > On Monday 29 November 2004 22:21, danfreyjavaguy-fedora@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> > >  firefox,
> > > gnome-terminal, etc. will just die.
> >
> > Those work for me, but I've just filed a bug report against Evolution
> > which chews up great gobs of Pentium III. Doesn't actually colaps thougn
> > (unlike on Nnnnnnnahant).
> >
> > Wretched kbd!
>
> May we need to upgrade the computer to P4 ??

That won't help my keyboard.

Oh, the Pentium III? No, fix Evolution. The Pentium III is heaps for most
people, even for me if I don't get carried away with a dozen desktops each
with half-a-dozen windows. a dozen or so mozzes with a couple of dozen tabs
etc.

Back to Dan's question:

For me, kmail periodically dies with sigfpe or sigsegv.

Evolution consumes 100% CU for extended periods, but seems to be settling
down. It ran at 100% for days before I reported that bug.

The whole system froze up a while ago. I'm using it somewhat headless; 'X
-query ...' from another machine. It quit responding while I was searching a
DVD; I got tired of waiting for it and went on with another task. Eventually
my X session crashed and came to my notice, and I discovered the system wqs
unresponsive to all stimuli short ot the BRS.

Oh, I found a cute way to make mkisofs segv. That might have been on Nahant
though, Oh, it was.

--

Cheers
John Summerfield