Re: switch from Mandrake to FC3

Qian,

What you need to do is to update the GRUB as well as the Linux distro installation.

Alfonso Ramírez B.
Bogotá, Colombia.

Qian Tan wrote:
Dear Fedora Users:

I have tried to switch from Mandrake to Fedora Core III. The installation runs smoothly. But when the system reboot, the Mandrake shown up first, then it stuck since most stuff related to it has gone.

I have tried 'remove all partition on this machine', 'remove all linux partition on this machine'. And reinstalled FC3 at least three times. 'Mandrake' always shows up first.

My machine is a Dell 4600 desktop. And I only install Linux on it.

Should I use the rescure mode and made some changes first? I have tried but have no clue what should I do.

Your help is appreciated.

Qian