Re: VMWare v4.5 & FC3

I just can tell you that it happened the same to me. I guess it has to
be related to the hard disk drivers. BTW are you using SCSI or IDE?
Try the following:
1- Change Disk DMA Settings (if you have it on then turn off or the other way)

Because when I did it the other way (FC3 host with a virtual running
xp sp2) the fc3 and the XP boots in no time.

But in your config, i speed it up doing this (i had an ATA medley controller)
1- virtual disk NOT in the same physical disk as the windows swap
2- winxp sp2 was defragmented
3- i had to tell winxp to disable dma
4- i had a 133 mhz bus with proper ata cables
5- virus scanner: manually exclude the virtual disk files.

Let me know if it helps

Erick.