Can't view audio CD

Genome won't display the contents of an audio CD.  I also can't play any
CD's, the players correctly ID the CD and contents but no sound.  I can
use mplayer from the command line to play files from the hard drive, but
not the CD.  Is this correct for FC3 for my fstab?

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/                 /                       ext3    defaults
1 1
LABEL=/boot             /boot                   ext3    defaults
1 2
/dev/hdb1		/mnt/win98		auto 	defaults 	0 0
none                    /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620
0 0
none                    /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults
0 0
none                    /proc                   proc    defaults
0 0
none                    /sys                    sysfs   defaults
0 0
/dev/hda3               swap                    swap    defaults
0 0
/dev/hdc                /media/cdrecorder       auto
pamconsole,ro,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0                /media/floppy           auto
pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

I did an upgrade from FC2

Tim...