Re: FC3 stable enough for production web server?

On Wed, December 1, 2004 8:39 am, Jeff McKeon said:

> Have a need for a new linux/appache web server at work and was
> considering using Fedora Core 3.
>
> We need to run Apache,PHP,MySQL,Qmail on it.  I've never played with the
> Fedora line before, just RH9 and RHES2.1.
>
> Is FC3 stable enough to run a php website in a production site?

Jeff,

FC3 should run everything you list just fine.  However, you must ask
yourself if the short life cycle of each Fedora release is adequate?  For
most serious business applications the answer is, it isn't.

Red Hat has some products that are more appropriate for business use.  You
might also want to look at SUSE since they have some well supported
products in the lower price range.

Good Luck,
Sean