php is not working

Hello all

I'm new on the fedora world and the Core 3 and configuring php and apache under linux.

I usually configure both on windows plataforms and usually works.

With others distros i had used like suse or mandrake, i never have problems to build any php web site bcouse always work...

But then come Fedora and I was unable to run a simple script like this:

<?php
echo 'hello world';
?>

a place the file in the correct place (/var/www/html/), the same that was discribed on he conf fil from apache.
I check the file php.conf on the folder /etc/httpd/conf.d/ to b sure that the php module was loaded by apache, but now way... the problem persist

I also try this one:

<head>
</head>
<?php
echo 'hello world in PHP';
?>

and the result was the same...

The browser that i using is firefox 1.0 preview release (the defoult of Fedora Core3) and when i open the php file (http://localhost/testing.php) a blank page apears...

I read something about the SElinux and Apache on the fedora web site but i guess that my system is woking fine.

I also would like to get some information on how to configure the squirrel mail.

Thanks in advance for your time, any sugestions pleace let me know.

--
This is an email sent via the webforum on http://fcp.homelinux.org