Re: Xsane and hpoj not working together? [FC3]

Gregory Woodbury wrote:

Does anyone use xsane and an HPOJ scanner to read photos under FC3?

Under FC1 my scanner operated fine, but the upgrade to FC3 seems to have
knocked out the scanning functions.

I've checked the sane-project and xsane websites and they seem to
indicate that just installing hpoj and configuring the OJ700 should make
xsane see the scanner.  However, sane/xsane just report no device
available for scanning to me as both a normal user and as root.  SELinux
is in permissive mode so it doesn't seem to be a permissions problem.

Any hints appreciated!

I have also experienced this problem with xsane and HPOJ. It seems that scanning has broke since upgrade from FC2 to FC3.